Modding application for the game Grand Theft Auto
- Category Analysis & Optimization
- Program license Free
- Version 2.0
- Size 234.73 kB
- Works under: Windows 2000 / Windows 98 SE / Windows ME / Windows XP / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows 98 / Windows Vista
- Program available in English
IMG Tool is a small freeware utility that lets you customize some of the graphics in Rockstar's classic Grand Theft Auto III video game. Even though GTA III has been released several years ago and many now consider it a "retro" game, there are still millions of people who play it. With this handy little application, you can completely change the way the game looks and breathe some new life to it.
There are various elements that can be changed by using IMG Tool. It lets you modify the image file that the game uses to display most weapons, cars and buildings. You can download various image packs for free from discussion forums dedicated to the GTA video game series and install them by using IMG Tool. You won't have any trouble finding one that you like, as GTA III has many fans and an active modder community. If you're more adventurous and have decent graphic arts skills, you can use an image editor to make your own designs for the game.
While this program was designed to work with GTA III, it's also compatible with GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas. Even though there are no major bugs in the program, you should always backup any of the game files that you're planning to change. If there's any problem or you make a mistake, such as changing the wrong file, having a backup ready will save you from having to completely delete and reinstall your game to get it working again.
To use IMG Tool, you need to have at least a bit of technical knowledge related to game modding or how Grand Theft Auto III displays graphical elements. As most PC gamers are quite technically proficient, this shouldn't be much of an issue. While detailed instructions aren't provided with the program, you can find a lot of useful tutorials and guides on GTA forums.
- Lets you completely transform the appearance of Grand Theft Auto III.
- Also compatible with the Vice City and San Andreas titles in the series.
- Completely free to download and use.
- Lets you discover a variety of third-party game graphics mods.
- Not all in-game images can be edited with it.
- Users have to backup GTA files before using the software, as mistakes can make the game unplayable.